Being in a relationship is tough. It isn’t always peaches and cream and sometimes you have to fight for the relationship in order for it to survive. But when should you stop fighting? Fighting for your relationship is commendable, but sometimes it is time to give up because it just isn’t going to work. At some point, you have to loosen your grip and let go because you’re only hurting yourself more by staying in the relationship. Below are five signs that you need to stop fighting for your relationship and just leave.
It seems like you guys are just drifting apart but you’re holding on because you love them and you’re hoping you can get that old thing back.
1) Deep down, you aren’t happy and haven’t been for a while…You haven’t been happy and you can’t put your finger on why. You guys are always arguing and you don’t even know the reason. Your gut is telling you to move on but you love them too much to let go. This is a sign that deep down you know the relationship has run it’s course but you just don’t want to face the pain of leaving.
2) You are the only one fighting…In the beginning, it was great but now they just don’t try anymore. You have complained, yelled, and even given them space but nothing has changed. This means they don’t care about you enough to respect the things that hurt you and that means you need to respect yourself enough and walk away.
Every time they go out, you get angry and suspect things. Every time they don’t text or call back quick enough, you spazz out.
3) You don’t trust them…Maybe they have cheated on you or they have done shady things in the past but you can’t trust anything. Every time they go out, you get angry and suspect things. Every time they don’t text or call back quick enough, you spazz out. You have even been checking their phone and social media to make sure they aren’t doing anything. It is time for you to leave. You should trust your mate 100% and if you can’t, you need to work on yourself or that person has just hurt you too much and you need to leave.
4) The relationship isn’t progressing…You love them and they haven’t done anything wrong but nothing is moving forward. It feels like you guys have just hit a brick wall. The affection isn’t the same, the conversations aren’t the same, and the love seems to just be fading away. It seems like you guys are just drifting apart but you’re holding on because you love them and you’re hoping you can get that old thing back. Unfortunately, you can’t and it is time to let go. Maybe it will come back around if it’s meant to be but for now, you need to leave because you’re just holding each other back.
5) It has become toxic…You’re passionately in love with this person and you’re inseparable. You talk to them everyday all day, you see them all the time, and you have never loved anyone this much but that passion becomes crazy 50% of the time. You guys argue every other day, you have punched walls or damaged items when angry at one another, or you have even gone as far as physically hitting one another. After all these things, you cry for a day and then you’re right back in their arms. You may think this is what love looks like because they wouldn’t get so mad if they didn’t love you but you’re wrong. Extreme emotions like this is toxic and you need to remove yourself.
If any of these things describe your current or past relationship, then your best option may be to walk away. On Monday, May 1st, my X Your Ex Challenge begins. This is an exert from the challenge so if this post got your attention, then you’ll definitely benefit from this free 30 day challenge. Click here to sign up and for more details.